My Top 5 Tea Favorites

Enjoying my unlimited cup of tea at the comforts of our humble abode. :)
Lemon infused Tea
My warm lemon infused tea. Perfect for the bed weather season. :)
With a book or just my pencil and sketchpad and at the comforts of my room, having cups of tea relaxes my mind and soul. Yes indeed, tea has been my vice ever since I started drinking it at the start of this year (2013) and been my first thing I drink before eating food. Well, before I was not a tea fan (aside from the tea stalls and shops that serves milk tea which is also my favorite) but then when I get sick most especially last time when I endured a side chest pain (glad it wasn't that serious) and for having been sick in the office and at home, in addition to water therapy and deep breathing exercise, I opted to try tea. And at that moment, I started to love its bland flavor (or is it?).

Anyway, why I love tea because it gives me good benefits. Oh well, you know the common ones being mentioned for the longest times ofcourse, like:

  1. Good metabolism booster and calorie free. Also, for me, it curbs my appetite.
  2. Good source of antioxidants and has anti-aging effect (yeah! Some people never thought that I'm now in my quarter life...nah, I'm 25! I don't looked like one & thought I was a highschooler- THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT! :P)
  3. Keeps me hydrated.
  4. Energizes me.
  5. I can experiment adding flavors into it. Yes, making a tea concoction.

Anyway, I'd like to share some of my favorite tea brands/flavors/blends (whatever) that I've been drinking in. So, here are my top 5 tea favorites.
1. Lemon infused tea
Fresh yellow lemon
Image source: http://andreadrugay.files.wordpress.com
Slices of lemon + tea = PERFECT COMBINATION. The lemon added to your warm or cold tea adds tangy flavor that soothes the throat. As a matter of fact, Adding lemon in tea or even water can relieve nausea, heartburn, indigestion and eliminates waste more effectively. Henceforth, it's a good detoxifying agent. So, how can we find good lemons in the market? The heavier it weighs, the good the lemon is. More vitamins and juices.

2. Alm (rice water/juice) + tea
Instead of pure warm or hot water I experimented in pouring hot rice water; you know when we cook rice in large quantity of water and when its boiling, you pour down the rice juice/alm or whatever you or anyone call that. Then add a small teaspoon or half teaspoon of brown sugar or even 2 pinches of salt, you will enjoy good tasting tea.

Aside from that, rice water (according to my research) can give us good health benefits:

  • Provides relief from diarrhea and prevents constipation
  • Treatment from gastroenteritis
  • A good source of carbohydrates and B vitamins
  • Great energy drink
  • Good for reducing skin pores (face) and firms our skin acting as a toner (This can be done when you cook rice in more water than the usual quantity. When it's boiling, collect the extra water, let it cool if you want to drink it or use it in your skin.)

3. Twinings Tea (Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Chamomile, Green Tea and Peppermint)
Remember Anastasia Steele-Grey, yes, her favorite was Twining's English Breakfast. Oh well, the first time I tried Twinings was when I was rummaging inside the cans where my dad kept his medicines and I found some tea bags there. I found all of these flavors mentioned above and have tried and all of it suited my sensitive tastebuds.

4. Lipton Green Tea
Lipton's green tea is also my favorite. Green tea is rich in antioxidant and as we all know it helps in the prevention of growth of cancerous cells. It also prevents clogging of arteriosclerosis (I almost want to write the medical term of it) and improves cholesterol level. Anyway, there are a lot of health benefits of green tea.

5. Black Tea
If I wanted a strong flavor and want to be awaken, then I opt for black tea. Coffee is my substitute when I don't have stocks but as much as possible I will avoid coffee as this somehow one of the predisposing factor that causes me to have migraine attacks as well insomnia. Black tea has the highest caffeine content and is often mixed with other various plants that's being made as tea. Black tea improves mental alertness, learning, memory and information processing skills (WebMD).

In addition, most people opted for black tea because it helps in the weight loss. It can either be consumed as hot or cold drink.

I hope that you find my tea-riffic blog entry a good read for you. Tea is now my comfort drink that brings calmness and rejuvenates my well-being. Now my dear friends, how do you enjoy your tea? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

FB Page